Thursday, July 30, 2009

1.37 kg/m2 v/s 1.57 kg/m2

Now I know why I gain less weight than my wife ......when we face same amount of tension......but this still doesn't tell me why she get more tensed for same issue where I don't see anything to worry about...Smile emoticon
 
 
Both men and women put on the pounds in response to work-related stress and difficulty paying bills, according to a longitudinal study published this month in the American Journal of Epidemiology. Men also gained weight because they felt they lacked decision authority or skill discretion (the ability to learn new skills and to choose to do new or different tasks) at work. For women, weight gain was also likely to be associated with a feeling of constraint in their lives in general and having difficulty with family relationships. During the 9.2 years of the study, men added an average of 1.37 kg/m2 to their body mass indices, while women added an average of 1.57 kg/m2.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment